Thursday, May 14, 2015

Slippery Sliddy Seals


‘Look!’ screamed Andie at the top of her lungs ‘TSUNAMI’, as the genormous waves crashed up along the rocky coast. It was Mum and Andie I driving to Christchurch right by the waves that looked like they would crush us ALIVE!


The weather was cloudy with slight drops of rain every minute. I knew the sun would come out eventually. And guess what the sun didn't come out the entire trip. The wind was rough, and so was the sea. My stomach gurgled as if I was getting sea sick in the CAR!


We stopped at a familiar café along by the sea. There was a nice warm fire that we all huddled around. We all decided to have a peek outside and the strong wind and the salty sea water brushed our faces as we left the building. As we walked down to the sea the huge foamy waves were swallowing everything in its path like wood, shells, boulders and even seals. Sometimes I wonder how they survive out there in the water.


After, we all moved on driving like we were being chased! ‘MUM’ ‘STOP’ I screamed ‘SEALS!’ Mum slammed on the brakes and we slid to a stop. It was a seal right next to the road. ’We could of hit it’ said Andie while she pulled out her ipad and stuck her head out the window. Then I stuck my head out the window too and then the smell of seal poo filled the car.


Mum and Andie both murmured ‘Let’s go!’ at the same time, so I knew they were serious, We sped down the road. I never knew seals stunk so bad!    

By Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I loved your story Charlie about the Seal! It had such a sizzling start that engaged the reader- Thilara WPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlie,
    What an amazing experience! It sounded like it would of been a cool but stinky time.
    I can't wait to hear about what happened next!
    From Natasha

    ReplyDelete