Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bow And Arrow


There I was my sister and I sitting in the car with my Mum waiting for us to arrive at my Aunty and Uncles house on the outskirts of Perth for our holiday. Then I noticed something awfully terrible… no not really it was the complete opposite we were on the last stretch of road so my sister and I shouted”YAY”! Then as soon as I knew it we were there, the car screeched to a halt, my sister and I both jolted forward. I jumped out of the car in excitement! My Mum opened the back doors which made a really bad click so I ran to the back of the car and pulled out a huge black bag full of clothes. Surely it wasn’t my bag it had too many clothes in it!
Just as I walked through the door I was greeted by my Aunty and Uncle, then I walked inside and I could hear the dogs going mental out the back but I kept on walking, I turned left. Then came to a long hallway and walked all the way down until I came to a door, I opened the door and went through. I slid my bag under the huge bed sitting in the middle of the room, then I walked out but when I turned the corner I noticed an old man sitting in the lounge room. Then my Uncle walked up to me and said, “This is my Dad, he’s here to help tune your bow and arrow” I nodded my head and said, “oh hi" as I shook his hand firmly.
Then my Mum walked in and started to get into a conversation so I thought it would be a good excuse to go and get some more bags when I walked outside the only thing that left was a case with my bow in it. So I carried it inside and as, soon as my Mum caught sight of me she said, “Why don’t you show your Uncle your bow and arrow?" So I laid down the box and opened it up my Uncle and his Dad studied it carefully then my Uncle said, “Do you want to take it outside to have a shoot of it?" I nodded my head and picked up by bow and a few arrows, then walked outside where my Uncle and my Uncles Dad were waiting for me.                                              
I stood in front of a target and pulled back the rope then…ZING the arrow didn’t even hit the target, so after hours of fine tuning and testing. I was shooting as straight as a ruler when I come back inside and dinner was ready, it was delicious and I get to shoot my bow tomorrow again YAY!
By Macca.

No comments:

Post a Comment